Looking to up-skill and progress in your career? The next step after completing your Level 3 Apprenticeship may be a Level 4 HNC.
Join us on Thursday 19th July 2018 between 4:00pm and 7:00pm to find out more about the programme or enroll onto the next programme starting this September!
A Higher National Certificate (HNC) is a Level 4 Higher Education Qualification; the attainment level of this course is expected to be the equivalent to one year of university (subject to universities’ own code of standards) and a Certificate in Higher Education.
Learners who achieve this can go on to specialise in a BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND).
Mode of Study:
- We offer two modes of attendance; 1 day a week or 2 nights a week for 2 years.
- Home 60% / College 40%
- This is a big commitment and requires lots of self-study in your own time.
- The minimum attendance required for each unit is 95%
- Holidays should be taken out of term time
- There will be a combination of open book invigilated tests and assignments. All assignments are uploaded to ‘Turn It In’ and are expected to meet set deadlines.
We offer a ‘General Engineering’ HNC route at The Engineering College, which includes the following units:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- CAD for Maintenance Engineers
- Mechanical Principles
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Electro / Pneumatic and Hydraulics
For more information about HNC, please click here
To register your place at our Open Evening, please click here or call 0151 666 1028