We are looking to recruit an Engineering Tutor specialising in MIG Welding Heavy Plate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join the successful team at The Engineering College delivering a high-quality learning experience to engineering students, ensuring they reach their maximum educational and developmental potential. This role will suit an experienced tutor or a qualified Plate Welder looking to progress into a teaching role.
The role is diverse and covers a number of different elements, including:
Teaching, Learning and Assessment: delivery of practical and theory sessions, planning schemes of work and lesson plans effectively making use of resources and curriculum against a set timetable.
Verification: maintain all records and work-pieces, track progress for each student in your designated group/s and carry out essential marking for assessment.
Learner Reviews: work within the team to develop and regularly update learner ‘off the job’ learning plans in conjunction with the learner. Work within the relevant Combined Engineering Trade Team to contribute timely information to the individual’s Training Officer to support with performance reviews.
Learner Support: first line academic and pastoral support, working with the team in identifying any high or additional needs students.
Technical & Administration: identifying opportunities for CPD, improving competency, fulfilling ESFA requirements regarding tracking attendance, support with recruitment and promotion of the brand.
Additional team responsibilities are shared within the organisation, including high quality health and safety provision, support and promotion of Equality and Diversity within this industry.
- Experience in delivering Level 2 and Level 3 in your chosen discipline
- Level 3 and above in Engineering discipline
- Possess or be willing to work towards relevant teacher/assessor qualifications.
- Level 2 in Maths or English
The Engineering College is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Preferred candidates will undergo screening checks with past employers and an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application question(s) for your consideration:
- Do you have teaching experience or would you require training and development?
- Are you familiar with Microsoft programmes such as Outlook, Word, Excel and/or OneNote or Canvas or will you require IT training?
- Please advise your availability providing 2 or 3 dates and times of one hour duration when you could make an initial interview for a College tour and chat through the role.
The Engineering College is committed to equality and valuing diversity. Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in College.