Higher National Certificate…
Earn – Learn – Succeed
Mode of Study:
- We offer two modes of attendance; 1 day a week or 2 nights a week for 2 years.
- Home 60% / College 40%
- This is a big commitment and requires lots of self-study in your own time.
- The minimum attendance required for each unit is 95%
- Holidays should be taken out of term time
- There will be a combination of open book invigilated tests and assignments. All assignments are uploaded to ‘Turn It In’ and are expected to meet set deadlines.
We offer a ‘General Engineering’ HNC route at The Engineering College, which includes the following units:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- CAD for Maintenance Engineers
- Mechanical Principles
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Electro / Pneumatic and Hydraulics
Please contact our Team for more information on costs and start dates
Entry Requirements and Assessments
You will be assessed on :
- Algebraic and graphical techniques
- Trigonometric and mensuration techniques
- Statistical methods to display and analyse engineering data
- Calculus to analyse and solve engineering problems
This will be a basic assessment and will identify your starting point. It may be decided that you will need to undergo a bridging course before entry onto HNC. The Bridging Course is a C&G unit in advanced maths and science. If you attain a Pass in this unit, this will meet the minimum requirements for HNC.