Become your best self!
Date posted : 31/01/18
Kick-start your engineering career at The Engineering College today!
The Engineering College are looking for young aspiring engineers to participate in our next Traineeship programme in Spring 2019!
If you’re unsuccessful when applying for an apprenticeship or other job due to a lack of skills and experience then you are likely to be a good candidate for a Traineeship.
Traineeships give young people aged 16 to 24 the skills and experience that employers are looking for, helping you to boost your career prospects with an apprenticeship or other employment in the future.
Traineeships are an opportunity to gain real work experience, job skills and improve your English and Maths, if needed.
The Traineeship Programme will provide you with the opportunity to build your CV and get valuable work experience with local and national employers, where you are able to learn about the business and the industry it operates in.
Work preparation training will put you in a better position to compete for an apprenticeship or other employment. Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
Mia Hesketh, Upton, enrolled onto a traineeship programme prior to starting an apprenticeship with Cammell Laird to develop her skills in the workshop:
“The programme has helped to build my confidence in the workshop and has given me the opportunity to try different engineering trades. I was offered a work placement at Cammell Laird as part of my programme which was really useful and helped me to secure an apprenticeship with Cammell Laird as an Apprentice Welder. My interview would have been more dfficult if I hadn’t already met the Cammell Laird staff and mentors. I wouldn’t know what welding is if it hadn’t been on the Traineeship programme beforehand.
Date posted : 18/10/18
Looking for an apprenticeship opportunity on your doorstep?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Composites Apprentice to join MST Ltd, in Liverpool.
MST Ltd is the world’s leading provider of Rigid Inflatable and High Speed Workboats for military and professional use.
By working closely with clients during the development process to understand their specific needs, MST offer modular solutions that are tailored to the client, to given a good performance, capability and effectiveness.
The Apprentice in this role will be trained to build or overhaul designated hulls ensuring that they are completed on time, within the allotted hours and ensuring that all company/customer standards are met.
In this role, you will report to a Mentor / Team Leader or Supervisor
This role is very team-focused and you will be expected to:
- Trained to ensure that the hulls/boats(s) are completed to the maximum quality.
- Mentored to work towards hull completion within the allowed hours.
- Ensuring that the work area is kept clean and tidy
- Follow company processes and Health and Safety policies
- Train to understand the composite manufacturing process and the materials used
- Any other reasonable requests from your mentor or Team Leader
- Complete NVQ portfolio within the timescale set out by the Engineering College
- Support MST Group in all group activities
As an apprentice, you will be expected to attend college and complete all work required of you and necessary to successfully complete your qualification within the apprenticeship time-frame.
- Commitment, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Ensure the Health Safety and Welfare all employees and MST visitors
- Have significant self motivation and initiative to train towards an NVQ as a Composite Technician
- Good communications skills
- Able to work supportively as part of a team and with a friendly and approachable personality