The ECITB’s Supervisor Training Programme is designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of new and experienced supervisors alike.
The full programme is made up of easily accessible modules offering professional development opportunity and essential support to your company’s managers, operating on all levels and in any engineering construction setting.
Who is the course for?
New and experienced supervisors and first line managers with little previous training
For graduates, middle managers and others seeking to improve and formalise their knowledge of how to manage people better
- Appreciate how to develop trust and respect within the team
- Your role as a leader
- Recognise how to use praise and recognition to improve performance
- Understand how to give clear instructions. Including job instructions
- Appreciate how to check for understanding when being given and giving
- Understand how to develop individuals competencies of individuals within the team
- Evaluate the current competencies of individuals within the team
- Understand the effective use of an appraisal system
- Understand the role of the Supervisor when managing performance