To provide students with a clear understanding of the role of the Intervention – Industrial Fire Marshal & Intervention Team during an emergency and to provide students with a clear understanding of the safe selection and use of portable & fixed firefighting equipment and the maintenance of such equipment.
At the end of the course, participants will have been trained in the following areas:
- Describe the role of an Industrial Fire Warden
- Understand the importance of fire doors
- Describe and understand the triangle/tetrahedron of fire
- Recognise the common causes of fire
- Operate and understand a safety audit check process
- Understand and implement evacuation procedures and recognise human behaviour
- State the purpose of fire safety drills & Evacuation Plans/PEEPS
- Identify the different classes of fire and the types of extinguishing media to deal with them
- Operate different types of Building Site portable firefighting equipment safely and effectively
- Understand the maintenance requirements for each type of extinguisher
- Identify Building site / Factory Fire Hazards and mitigate them
- Demonstrate the safe use of a Dry Powder extinguisher
- Demonstrate the safe use of a Foam extinguisher
- Demonstrate the safe use of a CO2 extinguisher
- Demonstrate the safe use of a Fire Blanket
- Demonstrate the safe use of a Water Extinguisher
Ideally Participants will be / have:
- All nominated Industrial Fire Wardens & Team Leaders
Duration & Format:
1 day. Format as follows:
Introduce aims and objectives.
- Describe the role of an Industrial fire marshal
- Communications & Liaison
- Introduce the triangle of fire and explain
- Introduce and describe the causes of fire on sites
- Describe and explain an audit safety check system.
Summaries and confirm the first session’s contents and understanding.
- Explain evacuation methods and discuss human behavior in a fire
- Explain the purpose of fire
- Explain the classes of fire and the extinguishing media and types of fire
- Explain and show the different types of fire equipment available
- Discuss leadership and Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Discuss the risk assessment and conduct a safety brief for practical fire extinguisher
- Demonstrate the safe use of a fire blanket and nominate students to apply
Extinguishers & Fire Equipment Available for Use
- Demonstrate the safe use of all extinguishers with fire scenarios and nominate students to apply knowledge
- Ignite flammable solid fire and demonstrate the practical application of fire behavior using a fire blanket to show re-ignition (consolidate fire triangle understanding)
- Demonstrate the safe use of a hose-reels and other factory fire-fighting equipment and nominate students to apply knowledge
- Summaries all extinguisher uses & fire-fighting equipment
- State the aims of the session regarding fire equipment maintenance.
- Explain the methods of servicing and standard testing the different types of fire extinguisher and include a practical demonstration for each.
- Practical – Factory / Site Fire Equipment Orientation
- Course Finish: Summaries the whole course contents and takes questions
Price upon Request
Bookings for this course cannot be made online- please call a member of our Commercial Team on 0151 666 0318