Who is this course for?
This course is intended for employees who are involved in Mechanical Joint Integrity and hand torque bolted connection activity in the workplace.
This course is designed and structured to focus delegates on Mechanical Joint Integrity and the adoption of best practice in ensuring a leak-free ‘right first time’ joint using hand torque bolted connection techniques
- Health & Safety – Compliance, Hazards & Risks, Quality Control Procedures, Use of PPE and Care of Equipment
- Principles of Bolting – Bolt Stress/Strain, Load Deflection
- Flanges & Joints – Types of Joint, Key Component of Joints, Common Flange Faces, Specialist Joints, Flange Condition, Flange Identification
- Fasteners – Basic Thread Information, Nuts & Washers
- Gaskets, Gasket Definition, Correct Selection of Gasket, Gasket Materials
- Sequences – Sequence for Tightening Various Flanges
- Torque Tightening – Torque Definition, Bolt Strength, Lubricants, Conditions of Bolts Nuts & Studs
- Dismantling & Reassembly of a Range of Flange Types Using Torque Tightening Methodology
1 day (08:30am – 4:00pm)
Please call to enquire
£160 + VAT per person
*Organisations associated with ECITB may be eligible to apply for grant funding
* This course must have 4 delegates to run.
* With Sufficient numbers, this can be run upon request
at times and dates to suit client