This is designed to enable a supervisor to create a workable Emergency Procedure and develop and enhance the skills of rescue teams in a dynamic situation a timely manner as speed is of the essence to rescue a colleague in a life threatening situation.
In these situations Rescue Teams need to have a professional and hands on proficiency with rescue equipment and techniques required to effect a successful outcome in these highly charged situations. This course further develops the experienced confined space entrant into a more senior supervisory role.
- To gain a working knowledge of equipment identification and selection, anchoring and winching techniques using mechanical advantage fall arrest systems required to effectively rescue persons trapped or Injured in a High Level Confined Space Scenario
- The focus of the course is on confined space and high angle rope rescue. To enable the participant to understand the importance of protecting the casualty and team while conducting a rescue of trapped
- They will be trained to use safe and efficient rescue techniques that could potentially save the life of a co-worker or friend in a survival
Ideally Participants will be / have:
- Experienced fire fighter, confined space worker or supervisor with background knowledge of basic rescue
- A senior member of the Emergency Response Team (ERT) who are considered for the role of “Incident Controller”.
- All members of any Emergency Response Management Team or who have a role in the Crisis Management
- All Emergency Response Professionals, Team Leaders and Supervisors who have a role to play in Confined Space
Duration & Format:
Up to five days. The highly experienced trainer will start with basic principles, requiring interaction and discussion with the delegates. The course is presented in a highly participative format with both theory presentations, desktop and practical exercises based on actual incidents which test the delegate in a daily am theory and pm practical:
- Confined Space Task Analysis/ Designation of Confined Spaces/ Specified Risks and Hazards of Confined Spaces/ Equipment/ Gas Testing Procedures/ Duties of a Top Man/ Analytical and Dynamic Risk Assessment/ Safe Entry & Exit of Confined Spaces;
- Effective Decision Making/ Command & Control/ Delegation of Duties/ Briefing of Teams;
- Communications and Rescue Plans/ Incident Management
- RPE/ SCBA/ Rescue Team Procedures/ Emergency Escape Sets/ Airlines/ Entry Control; and
- Team Leadership/ PTW Systems/
Involving live exercises actual Incident case studies, discussions and interactive analyses will ensure that the course content is both engaging and interesting.
Price upon Request
10 participants per course
Bookings for this course cannot be made online- please call a member of our Commercial Team on 0151 666 0318