This course is designed and structured to provide training in the safe use of abrasive wheels and meets with requirements of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER 98)
Who is this course for?
This course is intended for employees who are required to mount abrasive wheels and use handheld grinders, or who need to be familiar with the Regulations. It is desirable that delegates have experience in the use of abrasive wheels, but this is not essential.
- History and types of abrasive wheels and machines
- Health & Safety Legislation relevant to Abrasive Wheels
- Safe Systems of Work including Risk Assessment & Communication
- Hazards associated with handheld grinding machines and abrasive wheels
- The UK and European EN 12413 Marking System for Abrasive Wheels
- Handling, Transport & Storage
- Methods of checking and testing
- Correct use of Abrasive Wheels and machines including:
– Pre inspection checks and reporting
– Checking and adjustment of guards
– Machines and wheel speed compatibility
– Mounting of the wheel (Including demonstration
Half day (4 hours)
£100 + VAT
*Organisations associated with ECITB may be eligible to apply for grant funding
* This course must have 4 delegates to run.
* With Sufficient numbers, this can be run upon request at a client’s premises, at times and dates to suit client